Can you hang a building from an asteroid?





Following last week's healthy debate around a conceptual looping skyscraper in New York, a newly proposed tower that would hang from an asteroid drew a similar response from readers, which is summarised in our latest comments update.

Down to earth: Clouds Architecture Office suggested suspending the Analemma Tower, which would be the world's tallest skyscraper, from an asteroid to get around terrestrial height restrictions.

"What's architecture without utopia?" asked Eugenio Laponte, defending the concept.

Some readers, such as Atlas, were completely dismissive of the extreme plan: "What a complete waste of time."

Mies van der Float felt the office deserved praise for their originality: "I'd like to have a pint in this tower someday and toast these blokes for daring to be visionary."

One reader suggested the architects may be better off going back to school:

.

Comments


  1. hey there and thank you for your info – I've certainly picked up anything new from right here. I did however expertise several technical issues using this site, as I experienced to reload the website many times previous to I could get it to load correctly. I had been wondering if your web hosting is OK? Not that I am complaining, but slow loading instances times will very frequently affect your placement in google and could damage your high quality score if ads and marketing with Adwords. Anyway I'm adding this RSS to my e-mail and can look out for a lot more of your respective fascinating content. Ensure that you update this again soon. craigslist st louis

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Urban Development to snatch Architecture Education from HRD.

A perfect place to sit when you shit!

Best Works of Renzo Piano